To provide leadership for the Crossroads congregation and high school ministry primarily through corporate worship and the development & nurture of worship and tech teams. This position will include opportunities to grow in pastoral duties through various ministries, pastoral care and campus development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Worship Ministry
- Plan and lead weekly worship services in cooperation with the campus pastor and in coordination with the master sermon schedule.
- Recruit and develop the vocal and instrumental worship teams that lead worship at the Crossroads campus which includes the training and care of these musicians.
- Coordinate the creation and production of special events and community outreach concerts (Good Friday, Easter, Christmas Eve, Worship Nights, etc.).
- Tech Ministry
- Recruit & supervise the Crossroads Tech Coordinator who is responsible to: 1) provide weekly tech support for services, and 2) recruit, schedule, and lead tech teams for the Crossroads campus.
- Collaborate with the Multisite Tech Director on the training and development of the tech coordinator and volunteers.
- High School Worship Ministry
- Plan and provide leadership weekly during worship for the Crossroads high school ministry (SHYG) on Sunday evenings.
- Recruit, develop & oversee the high school worship and tech teams.
- Participate as a Crossroads student ministry leader in weekly gatherings as well as special events and retreats.
- Work with the campus pastor to develop and manage the worship department budget.
- Be available to occasionally lead worship in other Christ Church venues
- Recommend the acquisition, maintenance, and replacement of musical fixed assets of the church including instruments, equipment, and the music library.
- This position will also provide the opportunity to assist the Campus Pastor in general Pastoral duties at the campus – to include: Adult Ministries, Pastoral Care, and Campus Development.
- Attend all required training and meetings (staff, one-on-one, team, etc.).
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor towards members, co-workers, vendors and guests.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of Christ Church.
- Establish regular office hours.
- Check phone messages sent to your extension daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Dynamic and engaging worship experiences
- A growing number of adult & high school worship & tech volunteers
- Personal investment in the lives of worship & tech volunteers
- A culture of spiritual growth and discipleship as well as musical/technical development
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a ministry-related field (required); Seminary Training preferred
- Working knowledge of computer-based software, as well as the ability to learn a variety of information-gathering and presentation software is a must (examples include: Google Drive, ProPresenter, Planning Center, Church Database, etc.)
- High musical competency (instrumental and vocal)
- Able to engage congregation as a worship leader
- Able to attract others to the worship ministry
- Able to develop a team-oriented culture through training, mentoring and teaching
- Deep devotion to God and love for His Word
- Gifted leadership skills (on and off the platform)
- Highly relational (caring and personable on an individual level)
- Articulate (able to communicate well on the platform)
- Disciplined (works hard and smart)
- Humble attitude
- Innovative and creative
- Quick learner
- Willing to engage with others in accountable relationships
- General understanding of audio, video and lighting (AVL)
- Committed to the Vision, Mission and Values of Christ Church
- Models Christian character at work, home, and social life
- Strive to uphold the Statement of Staff Values
- Possess a developed Christian maturity
- Agreement of Christ Church’s Statement of Faith
- Understanding of Constitution and ByLaws of Christ Church
- Willingness to serve in and/or outside the church
This position requires time spent on the following physical activities:
None Under 1/3 to Over
1/3 2/3 2/3
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel |______|______|__x___|______|
Reach with hands and arms |______|__x___|______|______|
Climb or balance |__x___|______|______|______|
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl |______|__x___|______|______|
Talk or hear |______|______|______|__x___|
Taste or smell |__x___|______|______|______|
This position requires time spent lifting weight or exerting force in the following manner:
None Under 1/3 to Over
1/3 2/3 2/3
Up to 10 pounds |______|______|___x__|______|
Up to 25 pounds |______|__x___|______|______|
Up to 50 pounds |___x__|______|______|______|
Up to 100 pounds |___x__|______|______|______|
More than 100 pounds |___x__|______|______|______|
Manager Approval Date
Employee Signature Date