All Worship Services are suspended until further notice. You can watch weekend services at https://christchurchil.online.church/
The church offices are currently closed
Lake Forest: Call 847-234-1001 if you need administrative assistance. For pastoral support contact Ben Dockery at email@example.com or 847-457-7251.
Highland Park: Contact Brad Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-457-7272.
Crossroads: Contact Aaron Cramer at email@example.com or 847-457-7278
1. Make sure to check here daily for updates on services, activities, and more
3. Download the Christ Church app and enable notifications
4. If you are not already signed up for our email newsletters, please do so. We will be sending out updates and resources through these.
We are NOT holding regular services this weekend.
I have taped a seven minute video with several important updates and some words of perspective.
Christ Church Cares
If you or a family member becomes ill with flu-like symptoms or is confirmed to have COVID-19, please let us know how we can best serve you:
How can I help?
As the Church, we want to be prepared to reach out and respond to immediate needs whether that need is for spiritual, emotional, or tangible support such as basic crisis intervention. This is an opportunity for us to lean into Jesus and be wise about how-to best love people who may become sick, overcome by fear, and uncertain about the future. Register here to join together to be ready to be mobilized to serve these needs of our members and local community, as they may arise. Luke 12:35 “Be dressed and ready for service and keep your lamps burning..”
- Talk to people. Encourage, calm, and pray with them.
- Sign up to be on call to serve in a practical way in the local area.
- Direct people who have no community support to our website for help or be their liaison and contact your campus pastor or our Director of Care, Christine, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update your contact information through MyChristChurch
- If you know someone who is not able to easily stay connected through emails, Facebook, and our website, please feel free to take it upon yourself to keep them informed, or let us know how best we can keep them connected by calling Brocki in the church office at 847-234-1001.
- Opt into Christ Church Prayer Chain.
We encourage the following recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC):
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- If you or a family member has flu-like symptoms, please stay home until you have been symptom free for 24 hours without the use of symptom-altering medicines.
- Regularly wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
- Use a tissue or your arm to cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough.
- Follow your doctor’s orders about returning to public gatherings such as worship or church programming.