Thank you for your interest in a Christ Church short-term missions trip. The following requirements for participation in a trip have been carefully chosen and approved for your benefit, the benefit of the team and the host partner, and for the protection of the church. Trip participants are part of a unique and challenging serving experience that is life changing for many people. If you have any questions concerning the requirements, please contact the Director of Global Outreach, Sharon Oxley, at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to qualify for a Christ Church adult STM trip, one should:
- Be 18 years of age or older at the time trip training begins.
- Have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Have attended Christ Church regularly for a minimum of 6 months prior to the beginning of trip training (usually 4-5 months before the trip.)
- Have experience in serving roles (not necessarily at CC) with a Christian organization/ministry and be aligned with the vision/mission of the church.
- Be qualified for the mission of the trip if so required (e.g. teaching, medical).
- Be in good health physically and emotionally.
- Have health insurance.
- Be available for up to six training sessions (the number of sessions vary from trip to trip, each session is approximately 2-2.5 hours).
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Be willing to do the pre-trip assignments.
- Be able to raise the funds necessary for the trip.
- Be willing to participate in a Spiritual Check-in through Christ Church.
Note: All applicants that are not members of Christ Church (have gone through the membership process and have been interviewed by an elder) are required to have an interview for team selection.