MONDAYS, 7:00 P.M.
January 25 – March 29
Have you ever wondered what the OT is all about? Have you ever tried reading the OT and found yourself getting bogged down before you even get to Deuteronomy? Have you been curious about whether the OT and NT are revealing the same loving God that is shown in the incarnate Christ? How do the Old and New Testaments relate to one another? Do you want to better understand the History of the Jewish People?
This will be a 10 session class that brings participants a high level overview of the Old Testament. The survey course will include lecture and interactive components over the course of 10 weeks, 90 minute session.
Class Sessions will Cover
1. Creation and Catastrophe
2. Covenant and Patriarchs
3. Exodus and Wandering
4. Commandments and Law
5. Conquest and Promised Land
6. Judges and Assorted Themes (Job and Ruth)
7. United Kingdom (Saul, David, Solomon – Also Psalms, Proverbs, Songs, Ecclesiastes)
8. Divided Kingdom (Israel and Judah)
9. Pre-Exilic Prophets
10. Exilic/Post-Exilic Prophets (With Esther, Ezra and Nehemiah)