To help people discover life with God by ensuring every person who attends our church has a remarkable guest experience.
This position will recruit, train, and equip volunteers to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests. This position will also organize and oversee teams of people to lead the process for both gathering information and the follow-up process with first-time guests. This position would work between 7-10 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the campus pastor to recruit, train, and equip volunteers to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests.
- Develop, train and schedule greeters, ushers and information volunteers.
- Prioritize gathering first-time visitor info, maximize guest experience with follow-up process (including but not limited to emails, telephone calls, coffee connects, etc).
- Organizing and overseeing welcome events, new member/attendee information sessions, volunteer receptions and new guest initiatives.
- Recruiting and training volunteers for all areas of ministry, including the check in process for adults and children.
- Assist the Campus Pastor with any ministry details (including but not limited to overseeing hospitality, parking and registration teams).
- Work closely with the Campus Pastor and other team leaders to create an excellent first (and on-going) impression.
- Coordinate the reception, delivery and data entry of new guest information, offerings, surveys, handouts, etc.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor towards co-workers, vendors, and guests.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Christ Church.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, hospitality or a related field (suggested but not necessary).
- Minimum of 2 years experience coordinating large groups.
- Ability to connect new attendees to existing ministries within the church.
- Well-versed in using relevant software such as CCB, Eventbrite, ROCK preferred.
- Leadership of medium and large teams.
- Prepare and submit regular updates to Campus Pastor.
- Models Christian character at work, home, and social life
- Strive to uphold the Statement of Staff Values
- Possess a developed Christian maturity
- Agreement of Christ Church’s Statement of Faith
- Understanding of Constitution and ByLaws of Christ Church
- Willingness to serve in and/or outside the church