The Executive Pastor/Director will be an organization-builder with a strong leadership gift and the skills to scale. With experience in team building, they will serve as the overseer of operations as well as a communications strategist. Working closely with the lead pastor, this position is responsible for executing strategy to achieve the vision and mission of the church. They will also assist with overall leadership and direction of the staff with an emphasis on freeing the Lead Pastor to focus on teaching, vision development, and setting the spiritual emphasis of the church.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the Lead Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s vision and mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, decision making, planning and overall direction of church staff.
- Work with the Lead Pastor and Directional Team to plan, strategize, set goals and mobilize staff to execute the vision of the church.
- Work closely with the deacon board and its committees to make financial and facility decisions. Have a working relationship with Elders as well.
- Aid in fostering a culture of team building and evangelism.
- Oversee Operations by bringing unity and coordination to the key departments of finance, human resources, facilities, IT, legal, communications and service production.
- Develop annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and meet critical financial objectives.
- Champion the development of systems and infrastructure by all ministry and support areas that supports healthy, long-term growth of the church.
- Lead the church’s building programs including capital fundraising campaigns, master planning, design and architecture, contractor selection, and construction as needed.
- Lead and Facilitate the communications strategy.
- Lead and Facilitate Generosity and Stewardship initiatives.
- Ensure job descriptions are honed to maximize the gifting of each job and employee.
- Establish and maintain a set of key performance indicators that provide the leadership teams and church staff with ongoing visibility of the effectiveness of all functional areas of the church (dashboards, written reports, etc.)
- Coach and mentor staff.
- Lead small groups, Bible studies and/or participate in ministry events.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings; including weekly production meetings
- Communicates clearly and in a timely manner
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor towards co-workers, vendors, and guests
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Christ Church
- Performs other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of 10 years of experience as a senior leader in a corporate business environment with experience in finance, communications, staffing, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business is required. An MBA is preferred.
- This position requires at least 3 years of experience in a growing, multisite church.
- Experience or degrees in Biblical studies is a plus.
- The successful individual must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and above reproach character.
- A strong self-starter, ability to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, and people management skills
- Outstanding writing and proofreading skills
- Proven track record to lead and manage effectively in a multi-task setting
- Public speaking
- Working knowledge and use of MS Office applications
- Ability to learn and work with existing church systems (CCB, Mortarstone, Martus, etc.)
- Ability to equip and empower – lead through others.
- Strong presence and gathering ability – create contagious enthusiasm for the ministry.
- Ability to cast a compelling vision with insight as to ministry needs and opportunities for improvement.
- Flexible/Adaptable – Handle curveballs with grace in problem-solving.
- Possesses a conviction and passion for the Word of God.
- Commitment to resolving relational conflict according to Mt. 5:23-24; Mt. 18: 15-17
- Models Christian character at work, home, and social life
- Strive to the Statement of Staff Values
- Possess a developed Christian maturity
- Agreement of Christ Church’s Statement of Faith
- Understanding of Constitution and ByLaws of Christ Church
- Willingness to serve in and/or outside the church
- Attend one of Christ Church’s campuses and become a member of the church