This position is responsible for recruiting, training and building volunteer audio and visual technical teams that can execute quality audio and visual support for weekend services and special events at all Christ Church remote locations. In addition, the position will work in tangent with the AV Tech Director – Broadcast Location to shape the technical arts ministry and production processes at all locations as well as managing and organizing all tech and media resources. This position focuses on building teams and processes and leading others to execute or do the work for weekend services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit and build volunteer Audio Visual Technical teams for the Highland Park, Vernon Hills and Crossroad locations. This person will help build teams that can:
- Set up and tear down stage
- Prepare weekly Propresenter graphics and display them during services
- Mix Audio
- Execute video playback
- Execute lighting
- Develop and implement an ongoing training curriculum for all AV Tech support teams with the Broadcast Campus TD
- Direct, manage and coordinate all technical aspects of weekend service experiences and or other special events at Highland Park, Vernon Hills and Crossroads including but not limited to Audio support for musicians and speakers, media support and video playback from broadcast location.
- Collaborate with Campus Pastor, Campus Worship Director, and Central Operations/Central Ministries on all weekend experiences and other events
- Maintain inventory list of technical equipment by campus location with annual reporting and recommendations for new/replacement equipment.
- Assists with other conferences and special events.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings; including weekly production meetings
- Communicates clearly and in a timely manner
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor towards co-workers, vendors, and guests
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Christ Church
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience recruiting and building strong teams
- Experience developing and executing ongoing training programs
- Minimum 3 years experience of high level production in professional touring environment or church staff equivalent
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Team player, “can do” attitude, willing to make last minute adjustments and build systems that allow for flexibility.
- Comprehensive understanding of advanced audio, video, and lighting systems in the live production environment.
- Working knowledge of digital audio networks and transmission, specifically: Dante & Aviom systems.
- Working knowledge of video streaming for a live production environment.
- Complete understanding of professional audio systems and Yamaha audio consoles.
- Be able to have grace under pressure. Things are constantly changing which can create an exciting, yet frenzied atmosphere.
- Models Christian character at work, home, and social life
- Strive to uphold the Statement of Staff Values
- Possess a developed Christian maturity
- Agreement of Christ Church’s Statement of Faith
- Understanding of Constitution and ByLaws of Christ Church
- Willingness to serve in and/or outside the church